Ross Tuffbond Power Steering Idler Kit for Nissan RB20 RB25 RB26
Ross Tuffbond Power Steering Idler Kit - Nissan RB20 RB25 RB26
The Alloy Power Steering idler kit comes loosely assembled ready for you to set the idler pulley offset to suit your power steering pump offset. (Does not include power steering pump pulley)
- Mounting bracket
1. Undo the power steering adjuster nut and locking screw, wind it to the fully out position and swing the pump up and out of the way.
2. Remove the 2 hex screws shown by the arrows that hold the power steering adjusting plate to the power steering mount bracket, then mount the alloy mounting plate on top of the adjuster bracket as seen in the above picture using the bolts supplied in our kit.
3. Fit the belt (10mm longer than your old belt) by moving the power steering pump back down so the belt will slip over the pump pulley around the harmonic balancer pulley and under the idler pulley as shown in the above picture. The ideal hardware is two M8 x 30mm socket cap screws with M8 lock washers.
4. Use the correct Hex key, one in front and one in the rear of the idler pulley mounting, tighten the bolts that hold the pulley on the alloy plate.
5. Tighten the 2 hex bolts shown in the picture to 31nm.
6. Adjust the power steering belt using the normal adjuster nut and lock the assembly.